Friday, July 12, 2013

30, Flirty, and Thriving .... DIY Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party




It's official... I'm the big 3-0 and I threw myself a birthday party (of course, my husband helped!) It was Alice in Wonderland themed and full of DIY goodness. (Anyone else love 13 Going on 30? Anyone? Bueller?... Obviously the flirty part is strictly husband-related...)

 photo ce8ac77b-6bc3-4dec-8eeb-793732e0bbf5_zps68929b64.jpg
This outfit is my 'loose interpretation' of Alice- aka: I couldn't find a blue dress I liked to suffice and this vintage dress is amaaaaaazing. My cute little apron came from a local antique store.

 photo PinnableAliceImage_zps54221601.png

Both Joe and I are artistically inclined people so a DIY birthday was easy peasy (minus the fact I'm a procrastinator extraordinaire...)  Most of this was Pinterest inspired and if you're interested, I have a board dedicated to this party.

 photo dd29d08a-56d3-4692-ab61-c35b67431dbf_zps44866d46.jpg

 photo AliceInWonderland3_zps38ff13ef.png










We made sugar cookies with a set of cookie cutters Joe bought on Amazon. I had this idea to use a baggie and squeeze icing out of the corner....then the icing busted and I was DONE. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!


 photo AliceInWonderland4_zps1be45f14.jpg

We made and tied on little 'Drink Me" tags for each bottle of soda. I meant to make 'Eat Me" labels but whatever... procrastination, amiright?!

 photo AliceInWonderland5_zpsaca71471.jpg

  photo 126_zps7586f6b5.jpg
We used felt, dowel rods, E 600 glue, and hot glue to make the props for our photo booth and below you'll see the outtakes from our photo booth.

 photo AliceInWonderland6_zps0c4d4e21.jpg
(my fantastically awesome parents)

 photo AliceInWonderland8_zps01d0d80c.jpg
(Best friends since 1991 ish)


 photo AliceInWonderland7_zpse3774b93.jpg
(Teacher/Work friends since 2006)

 photo AliceInWonderland9_zps246c11e3.jpg
None of this fun would have been possible without this fabulous guy. Thanks for making it possible. You're the best!

I had the original Alice in Wonderland playing on our tv while I chatted with guests. Most Alice themed games I found were alcohol related and since I don't drink...we didn't play those games. Had I not waited until the last minute, we would have played a game where each person got a name tag and wrote their name backward. Each time someone called them by their given name instead of their Wonderland name (backwards) the person  would have to take a card and the player with the least amount of cards at the end of the night would win.

I had so much fun and was reminded of how wonderful my friends are. I'm thankful to have such awesome friendships. If you have an Alice themed party... feel free to use any ideas you see.

 (p.s. I'm still not sure I'm used to saying 30... I don't feeeeel 30. Do I look 30? Meh, who cares.)
Get Your Fashion On, Jana Faith

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks like you had a great party! Love all the fun Alice in Wonderland touches! As much as I hate to admit it, 30 isn't so bad...

~Trisha

Pitter and Glink said...

This looks like so much fun! I love your blog's new look, by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to see these pictures! you did an amazing job! especially since i know when you did most of these decorations! :)

Love it all so much!

Nicole said...

Looks like so much fun! And no, you don't look 30 at all!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

This is too cute! Love the theme and the photo booth pics! :)

Amber said...

You totally don't look 30!!!

Happy belated, sweet girl :) The party is such a cute idea and looks like a blast!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.