Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thoughts from a thoughtful place

Quite obviously I've neglected my blog lately. I do apologize. Seriously. How the heck do some of these teachers out there in the blogosphere do it?! I have no idea! Quite frankly, when school is over for the day - the papers are graded and I'm comfortably watching Friends on the couch, I feel like this lady:
 (source)

Once upon a time ago, I set a goal for this blog to reach 100 followers by the end of 2012. Well, friends, my happy little butt has been busy. Doing what you might ask? Beats the heck out of me! Okay, that's not true. Something in my world happens in the beginning of October. I've mentioned that I work the spookhouse at school. Somehow that takes over my life from the beginning of October until part way through November. It's a true story. I become engulfed, nay, overwhelmed with spookhouse duties. 

In other news: I'm old.
Dear readers, I (and probably you too - sorry folks) have lived long enough to see fashion cycle around full circle. It's convenient for me. At the same time, it kinda irritates me. I went to my beloved haven, Forever 21, and realized, "I've seen this all before." All this stuff in here is what was cool in the 90s. Say, what?! Then, I thought of Ecclesiastes 1:9 - "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Dang. Get me to a thrift store please. This reasonably priced $12.50 shirt would cost $4.99 max at Goodwill. 

Hey, remember how I said I'm old two seconds ago? Well the good news there is I'm gonna have a birthday party for myself next summer. Perfect theme: Alice in Wonderland. I've always thought she should be an honorary Disney princess anyway. I'm thinking a modest version - like this:

But I really prefer the original Alice -

And maybe, maybe..... maaaaaayyyyybe I could talk the husband into being the Mad Hatter, eh??? Yeah. That'd be awesome. Everybody would love it. Including, and most importantly, the old birthday lady.

But for now, be satiated with the cuteness that was my Halloween costume - my take on Tinkerbell
Close, right?! Pretty dang close considering I thought of it the night before Halloween and didn't make any purchases other than tights to go towards my costume.

Get your fashion on
Photobucket

6 comments:

Jess said...

Friends is so great! But yea, that's why I'm always in the thrift shops, because the 80's and 90's styles are back and up in tha Goodwill.
You are an adorable Tinkerbell! I love that green romper. I hope you have a wonderful day =]

Sheena Rae said...

I seriously felt the same way last time I was in F21!!! I even told my friend that it was the same stuff we wore when we were 7. Enough already!

Jana Faith said...

Thanks, Jess. (It's a shirt and shorts that are REALLY close in color.) I love a Goodwill trip just about any day!

Jana Faith said...

True story! I liked a LOT of the stuff in there, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it'd all been done before. Oh well, I bet our parents experienced the same thing.

Gentri said...

wanna know a secret? I totally know "tinkerbell". Like, that girl in the photo. And I have a lot of other secrets like that.
I'm glad you're back. Definitely missed! And you are only 21 away from 100! You can totally do that.

Jess said...

Oooooh. I wanted to say "romper (if that's what that is)" but it kind of sounded rude to me so I just took my chances, haha!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.