An entry from my diary: 1/10/1995 - It's practically vintage. All names (except mine and Jonathan Taylor Thomas) have been changed for privacy and sparing of humiliation.
Last night I dreamed I met Jonathan Taylor Thomas! The other day Chance walked by Simon and said to him, "Got enough hairspray on today?" See everyone's been teasing Tina about her fro. Well I thought Chance was talking to Tina. So I said, "Don't tease my best friend that way!" So now it's a private joke. Ha! Ha! Real funny. NOT! Tina has a dream that I married JTT and she married Michael Smith. Pshh! Yea right. In our dreams. (literally!)
Okay- this homegirl had posters from Teen Bop and Tiger Beat on her wall. Didn't everyone?!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear 11 Year Old Jana,
- Hey kid, you're 11. Why are talking about getting married?!
- What's with all that drama in your tone? p.s. You don't grow out of that. It's okay, people find it entertaining and endearing. (Probably.)
- That whole "NOT" thing is really gonna date your conversations. You should probably drop that. You'll sound like a total 90s kid. Haha. NOT. Double NOT!!!
- Don't get so easily offended - Simon did actually wear a
lotmassive amount of hairspray. It was a funny joke.
- Keep dreaming big. You'll meet a guy way more fun to be married to than Jonathon Taylor Thomas.
- Way to stand up for your friends, even if it is misguided.
- Even though it's not mentioned in this diary entry, keep praying for your future husband. It works out well. God still has your back.
- Lastly, that whole Jonathan Taylor Thomas thing - well when researching him for your blog post when you're 29, you'll find he may or may not be gay. So you probably wouldn't be his type. Thank goodness your real-life husband is infinitely awesomer anyway.
Get your fashion on...