While reading Life of Bon recently I cam across this post. Inspired, I wrote my own version. There are things "most" people do. Meh. I'm not most people. Never have been....
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm certain I'm an awesome friend and entertaining person. But...I might not be a successful blogger....
Reasons I might not be a successful blogger.
- I say strange things like: shan't, holy moly, sorry Charlie, Oh My Lanta, shut your face, etc.
- I also address people of all ages from toddlers to elderly as "ma'am", and "sir". It's respectful. I don't think you're old. I'm not talking to your mother/father/grandmother/grandfather. It's just good manners.
- I make up my own words and expressions: shoopy, wonky, bean wings, poop on a stick, stink on a stick, snotboogers, crap on a monkey, jzhoop, and boogety. (This is not an inclusive list. I make stuff up in the moment.)
- I think boogers, snot, and bathroom humor can be funny. (I'm a little juvenile/innocent in my humor preferences.)
- Clever lines and wit aren't what makes me laugh. Silly noises and funny faces get me rolling.
- I am 29 and have no children nor do I feel ready/prepared/want them yet.
- I rarely blog about school/teaching, even though it takes up the vast majority of my life and time. (If you didn't know...there are some incredible teacher blogs in the world. How the heck do they have time?!)
- I've never had alcohol.
- I love candy as much as children do.
- I still dress up for Halloween.
- There are cluttery piles all over the house and their mine. I make messes. I am not domestic. So don't look for lots of how-to tips or recipes. Although, I have written one...
- I know squat about makeup and I buy all my makeup at Wal-Mart.
- I rarely meet people I don't like and I truly want everyone to be my friend.
- I see these bloggers do posts with friends who have similar fashion interests. Well.... keep waitin' folks, because I don't know any real life friends who dress this way. If you do....then, hit me up. Maybe we should be real life friends?
- I like old things. I have since....always. There's a yearbook picture of me in 5th grade helping with the canned food drive and I'm wearing a shirt from the 60s.
Get your fashion on