Monday, July 23, 2012

Cleanin' Out My Closet

When I see closet do-overs - I always feel like my closet is never gonna match up.  So, here's a closet purge of a real life, non organized person. 
1. Take everything out of the closet.

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

2. If I hadn't worn it in the last 6-12 months, it went in the "get rid of" pile.
3. I tried everything on I thought might not fit. If it didn't fit or was tricky to put on, in "the pile". 

With this method, I got rid of 12 items.
 Photobucket
I still need to go through my other closet. 


As far as space conservation goes, I'm slowly acquiring  Huggable Hangers. 
Source: target.com via Jana on Pinterest


They look nice and are available in a variety of colors. You can also buy "generic" ones that work equally as well at places like Ross and Marshall's.  I've seen hangers that are similar at Dollar Tree, but at fifty cents per hanger, I just don't think it's worth the $1 for two "bargain."

Here's the "After" shot...
Photobucket

Top row
- Shirts, blazers, and dresses

Bottom back row
- Jeans, pants, skirts

Get your fashion on

 Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Nicely done! I can hardly wait until I can take my clothes out of boxes and actually put them in a closest again!

momto8 said...

good for you. you even have a picture as proof!

Becca said...

I think it's fun sorting through my closet. Feels good to be able to get rid of items I don't even wear, too.

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.