Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fearless Faith Vintage - an Etsy adventure

If you've been reading long, you know I've been mulling over the idea of an Etsy store. I got so many encouraging comments and feedback (Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!) that I decided to press on....

Fearless Faith Vintage is my personal adventure in Faith. My sweet friend, Michele at Pearl 13.1 reminded me of my middle name, "Faith". My mom and dad blessed me with a beautiful middle name, a constant reminder that I am wanted (my parents prayed in faith to have a healthy child) and God is always faithful.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7 is the verse that inspired/confirmed this dream in my heart.  I know myself and I know I tend to be scatter-brained and sometimes, I lack self-discipline but time and time again, God's been faithful. I know if I trust my Heavenly Father, he will help me in the areas where I am weak. I know I can't just assume by 'divine magic' things will get done. I know I will have to do my part to be a success in anything. I was/am still struggling with fear of the unknown. Any time I've been afraid of the "what ifs" and "maybes" ...turns out they didn't happen. The times I've been the most worried but chose to work through the fear have been some of the biggest blessings. 


Photobucket
This is just the picture... if wanna visit the store, you'll have to click this link.
This summer I've learned how to make a blog header, make a blog button, a tad about HTML code, how to open an Etsy store, and how to make an Etsy store banner.


Mercy! It's been eventful.

I'm excited to begin this adventure! It's a small start and a hobby. Teaching is where my heart feels at home so I will continue to love my first grade darlings and teach them the best I know how. Blogging, fashion, and an Etsy store are fun hobbies.... Currently, there is only one item listed in the store but it will grow. Go check it out and let me know what you think!



Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Get your fashion on
<3 Jana Faith <3

5 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Jana ~~ Oh Jana, Your title of Fearless Faith Vintage is beautiful. Take your faith and fly high. I just have a feeling you will do so well. God will take care of everything, just relax and be in his care, He cares for you deeply.

Such a beautfiul post, he,he, I was thinking about the verse you put in your post today about how God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control. LOVE that verse, thanks for sharing it as you have blessed me today.

GOD BLESS YOU Today & Always,
Sincerely,
Michele
Pearl 13.1

Becca said...

I will check out your shop! Btw, I've been learning bits, like how to make a blog button and a very little bit of html. I must say, it's pretty exciting. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to you for doing what you love!! Blessings!

The Kim Six Fix said...

You are so brave! I wish you the best of luck with your new store! I know you will be great!

Heather @ Cookies For Breakfast said...

WAHOOOOO!!!! Congratulations! Super excited for you, and also love the store name :)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.