Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Teaching on Tuesdays

Most of you know, outside the blog world, I'm a first grade teacher. 

Today is my first tip - and I'm proud to say, this is my own original idea. I've not seen anyone else use this. Also, you're about to learn a little about my personal life. Ha!

100_0961


100_0963

I've been saving these little sleeves for months now. If they look familiar, it's because they're birth control packaging. I know, it's a bit 'hoarder-ish' of me to still have them (and also a bit awkward of me to show them to the whole wide world!) My idea is to use them as portable sight word practice folders. Plus, if you use dry-erase markers on the shiny, see-through portion they can trace over the word or LOTS of other ideas. For now, I have half a class set or enough for students to practice in pairs. Or I could even use these little things during small group instruction. 

Do you have some ideas? Please share... Do tell, do tell !  And.... I know, I know, it's a little weird but it's also quite practical. :o) I have more tips to come....

Get your fashion on
Photobucket

4 comments:

bonbon said...

I'm a teacher too! And you are a genius saving all your birth control packaging! That's what I love about teachers! They're so dang resourceful! Just found your blog and I've loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

Cassie from True Agape said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie from True Agape said...

Hey Jana,

It was nice to meet you at the teacher workshop today! Great idea on this post as well! I have thought, "Man these have to be good for something! Just what?" Now I know!

Cassie from True Agape

Heather @ Cookies For Breakfast said...

Hahaha love this idea! How resourceful of you ;-)

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.