Thursday, July 5, 2012

Liebster Award

I've recently been nominated for my first award: The Liebster Award. Thank you so much, Ms. Emily! I am incredibly honored and your nomination pretty much made my day! I told 4 important people yesterday because I knew they'd celebrate with me.



"The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."

THE RULES:

- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.


- Answer the questions the tagger set for you, PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.

*No tag backs!*


11 THINGS ABOUT ME:





1. I make wishes as 11:11, 12:34, and sometimes on my birthday time, 6:14. I kinda believe they work if you make the same wish enough times.
 
2. I think you can never have too many friends. I love people and I like making friends.
 
3. I miss shows like Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake, the Old Jerry Springer- before the ridiculousness; what life's like as a little person, etc.
 
4. I often want to quit things I really enjoy when the going gets tough. I get too easily frustrated  and overwhelmed. Examples include blogging, dancing, and teaching. Again, let me reiterate: I REALLY enjoy and feel passionately regarding all of these things but when I get overwhelmed, I tend to shut down completely. Thankfully, I have people who refuse to let me give up.
 
5. I'm a fan of Hello Kitty. I try to keep the collection to a minimum as I don't want to be the "crazy Hello Kitty Lady".


6. At 18, I cut my over 10 inches from my hair because of a life change. When I was 20, my mom dyed my hair pink. When I was 26, I had an "age crisis" and dyed two purple streaks in my hair. During my first year of marriage, I dyed two blonde, "Rogue" streaks in my hair. All my life changes and struggles end up changing my hair.

7.  I worry way too much. 
 
8. I'm a creature of habit. I'm not a big fan of change. Predictability is my friend.
 
9. I could watch tv all day. I often do in the summer. I know the tv schedule starting at 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 a.m. I understand if you're judging this. Keep in mind, we don't have cable.
 
10.    I hate when people say, "Don't Forget..." I'd much rather hear, "Remember..." It's so much more polite and less bossy. 

11.  If I weren't a teacher and my dad wouldn't have a lawl-eyed fit, I'd have my nose pierced. (Sidenote: I realize I'm an adult so it shouldn't be a big deal if my dad has a cow but I respect my dad and I like my job.)


Emily's 11 QUESTIONS FOR TAGGED:




1. Do you have any nicknames?
Jana Banana, Groeney (maiden-name nickname from co-workers), Jinga (from my mom), Bam-Bam from my dad & sister
2. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
BlueBell Home made Vanilla and Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia

3.
What is your favorite animal?
I am allergic to most kind of animals with fur. I like dogs & cats. We have an outside kitty named Tabby Cleo. I like leopard print. I'm in a Wolf Pack. So.... animals are just cute. 
 
4. If you could choose three words to describe yourself, what would they be?
Christian, confident, teacher
5. What do you do? (School, work, own your own business, etc.)
I teach first grade.
6. What is the youngest age you can remember back to?
3? 4? 5? I'm actually not sure.... 
7. Are you married/have kids?
My husband and I are about to celebrate our first anniversary. We do not have any children except the ones in my class. :o)
8. Do you dream? What are they like?
My favorite sleeping dreams have included clothes from the time I was a child. I dream about vintage clothes, the mall, thrift stores , yard sales and flea markets.  Bad dreams include 2 specific people from my past and tend to happen when I'm stressed out.
9. How many songs do you have on your iPod/phone/MP3 player?
807 songs
 
10. What's your favorite thing to wear?
Mercy, it depends on when you ask me. Right this second, my pajamas. Later today, it'll probably be jeans. During the school year, long skirts or pants. I really like clothes. I often have a theme behind many outfits. Oh, I love clothes!

11. If you could do anything in the world right now, (no money worries), what would it be?
Open a vintage clothing store... get a room built for my husband...then visit a foreign country or 10

My 11 Questions:

1. What's your favorite color?
2. Which do you prefer: odd or even numbers and why?
3.  What's your favorite Holiday and why?
4. What's your favorite season?
5. What grown up job did you want when when you were a child?
6. What job have you been procrastinating? 
7. What restaurant do you love even though you know you shouldn't?
8. What makes you laugh?
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
10. Do you believe God has a sense of humor? Why?
11. What's your favorite Disney movie?
 

BLOGS I'M TAGGING:

Okay ya'll, the hard part of nominating is the "less than 200" followers.... I'm working on it.... love lots of bloggeristas.... So here they are in no particular order:


1. Cookies for Breakfast
2.  The Money Pit 
3. Back East Blonde
4. Every Day Elise
5. Every Mile a Memory
6. A Humble Bumble
7. My Pink Scribbles
8. Adventures in Mediocrity
9. The Princess Diaries
10. Pearl 13.1
11. Perfume Kisses and Tears

To the blogs tagged: You certainly do not have to participate. It's not a requirement...but I'd LOVE to read your answers. .

To Emily: Thank you again for the nomination ♥

To my readers: I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into who I am. Be sure to visit all the other lovely blogs linked up in this post. You simiply can't get any sweeter than these bloggeristas! 

Yay for the Liebster Award! Yay, yay, yay! 

Get your fashion on
<3 Jana Faith <3


6 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for the nomination! That was so nice of you. :)
Btw, I feel like giving up when I feel overwhelmed as well. I learned/am learning that you have to press through those times, no matter how difficult. And I don't like change either! Like, at all. ;)

Michele said...

Hi Jana ~~~~ Thank you so much for nominated me too. I feel so blessed. Jana ~~~ I can relate to the Hello Kitty thing, both my daughters enjoy any kind of Hello Kitty item, in fact, my most recent post has a picture of my littlest wearing a Hello Kitty shirt! Oh, I so think your name is beautiful~~~ To have the name of Faith ~~~ what a blessing Jana. From the bottom of my heart, thank you again and I will be participating very soon.
God Bless You,
Michele
Pearl 13.1

Unknown said...

Love this, Jana Banana! Great answers :] And you are most welcome for the nomination. You truly deserved it. You are such a sweet girl! Oh man! Do I ever miss shows like Jenny Jones, and Sally! Omgosh. Now that I have the time to watch them, they aren't on. Figures! Opening a vintage storefront is a dream of mine as well. I have an Etsy store, but it would be so fun to connect with other thrifters in person! Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!! ♥

Michele said...

Hi Jana ~~~ Just letting you know I posted and answered all the Liebster Award questions. Thanks again Jana

Hope you are having a beautiful blessed day.
Michele
Pearl 13.1

Nadine said...

Thank you for the nomination! I'll be posting mine today or tomorrow.

Adrian said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that the quote above was not by me! Not sure how that happened, but just wanted to let you know! :)

xx Adrian

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.