Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bullet Necklace Tutorial


I've been playing with the idea of a bullet necklace for a while. My brother in law had some really pretty bullets. (what a weird word contrast: pretty & bullets) I told him about my idea and he humored me pretty well and even offered to give me a few of his bullets for my project. I refused because I knew he intended to refill them to use again. Or something like that. Anyway, a couple weeks later my husband brought home a plastic bag full of this....

Photobucket

First I washed these

Then I used some beading wire to make little strands of beads. I used my needle nose pliers and my wire cutters to do this section.
Photobucket

I used my trusty glue gun to fill the bullet casing with hot glue.
Photobucket

 Photobucket

Then I screwed this into the center of the hot glued bullet.
Photobucket

The finished product was strung onto a necklace.
 015-8
I put the beads with the bullet to keep it from looking too masculine. 

 This is my trusty, girly tool kit. It was a great investment at $10.
 Photobucket
You can buy something similar here.

Let me know what you think!

Get your fashion on
Photobucket

4 comments:

momto8 said...

wow!! how unique!! very cool!

Unknown said...

Cute idea! I need to invest in a hot glue gun... lovely tool set!


Xo,
Emily

teatreevintage.blogspot.com

Jana Faith said...

Thanks, Emily! My husband is the one who picked out my hot glue gun. It gets hot super fast so, be careful. And the tool set was totally worth it! I recommend every girl have their own. Pretty sure my husband uses it way more than I do! Thanks for stopping by!

Modern Camelot said...

How clever, I would have never thought to use bullet shells as jewelry!

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.