Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's Okay Thursdays




Its Ok Thursdays



It's okay to be happy with "just a bachelor's" degree.

It's okay to be uncertain about if you ever want a master's.

It's okay to not be ready for children at 29.




It's okay to think my husband is cute.

It's okay to be sad sometimes.

It's okay to LOVE thrifting.

It's okay to like everything "old-lady floral".

Source: flickr.com via Jana on Pinterest

 It's okay to have the same best friends you had in third grade.

It's okay to not drink alcohol (and it's okay if someone else does).

It's okay to not curse (and it's okay if someone else does).

It's okay to stay in your pajamas all day in the summer.

It's okay to miss your students even if you're not quite ready to go back...

Edit: Addition: 10:08 p.m.
It's OK that first grade teachers request 3 boxes of crayons and 48 pencils because our students USE them! What's not okay is to read about how parents abhor school supply lists and the teachers that write them.


Photobucket

8 comments:

SEL said...

Coming over from Amber's link-up! I wrote the same thing about the pj's!

And, from one teacher to another, I totally get what you're saying about missing the students.

And I had my daughter a month after I turned 28. She's my greatest accomplishment and I now want another kid. But? Before hubs and I got pregnant, we didn't have kids in our future. Funny how life shows us what we need. But I found the humor in the someecard you posted. ;)

Happy Thursday!

collettakay said...

I love floral an those dishes are beautiful. Is it OK that I wish they were mine? lol

And it is definitely OK not to drink or curse and I'm happy with my Associates Degree that I don't use because I'm perfectly happy being a stay at home mom.

Oh, and I've had the same BFF since Kindergaren:)

Thanks for stopping by!

Colletta

Jenn @ Party of One said...

LOVING your it's okay list :) Agreed with so, so much :) Stopping by from Amber and Neely's linkup! I'm going to have to follow you now...love it!

Catherine said...

Great post! I miss my students too, but I am in no way ready for school to start!

Unknown said...

Stopping in from the link up! Love your list!

Angie said...

I love thrifting and all things old lady floral!!!

Sammantha said...

Love my old lady floral ;)

stop by and say hi sometime!
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Janette said...

Loove the verse in your header.. One of my faves! And such a good reminder...And I love buying crayons.. I wish I had kids so that I could just buy boxes and boxes for $.25 at Target when they have their special sale.. I get a few boxes a year for me.. Just to have to color with.. is that weird?? Oy.. I think it is.. Don't tell anyone I said that..lol


Janette the Jongleur

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.