Monday, July 16, 2012

Newlywed lesson


Seriously.... there is a reason I'm untidy. When I clean, bad. things. happen. Want proof?

Photobucket

It all started when I decided to clean the bathroom... I cleaned the sink and decided to change the shower curtain out. We still had three brand new ones in the cabinet from when we got married, but that would have to wait until after hanging out with my friend this evening. (When it comes to cleaning, I have the attention span of a gnat.)

So, after I come home, I start changing out the shower curtain, liner, and rings. Come to find out, the new rings require you to take down the shower curtain rod. Okay, easy. I take down the shower curtain rod and there's a little place where the paint is peeling. That's okay, I'll just peel a little bit off. Noooooot so much..... there is now a spot about 1' tall and 6" wide of missing paint. Aw, crap! My husband is at work and is coming home in an hour and a half. Crapcrapcrapcrap! Okay, quick fix: we've got Kilz and "Glass Bead" paint in the cabinet under the sink. If I hurry there's time.

Part way through, I realized it wasn't going to work and I'd have to come clean when he got home. Oh praise the Lord for blessing me with a kind, forgiving, understanding husband. That precious man of mine laughed when I took him to the bathroom and showed him what I'd done. He said with a smile, "Jana, don't ever try to hide stuff like that from me. It's not like it's unfixable and we'd been talking about repainting anyway. Silly lady."

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her [...]" Ephesians 5:25
I am often reminded of Christ's unfailing love through my husband's actions and the way he treats me. It's funny how we try to 'hide' stuff from our Heavenly Father. He knows us so well he even knows the hairs on our head! Just like my husband told me not to hide stuff from him, God wants us to be transparent in our relationship with Him.

Either way - - - I learned, DON'T PICK AT THE PAINT ON THE WALL! And I got to see another precious parallel of Christ's love and grace.

Get your fashion on

Photobucket

4 comments:

crayolajennie said...

How funny! At least now you will get to re-paint sooner. :-)

Erica said...

Yikes! Now there's an excuse not to clean...

Trisha said...

Sounds like you have a very kind and understanding husband! I would pick the pain too and make a bigger mess than I started with just like you!

~Trisha

Angie said...

Ha Ha- What a funny story although I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. Isn't that the way the things go though. You go to fix one thing and discover 10 more with something wrong.

Hope your having a nice week friend

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.