Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Social

1. What is your dream job? 
I actually think I'm lucky enough to have it... teaching first grade is a culmination of all the things I wanted to do when I was growing up.

- Country Singer
- Pediatrician
-Children's book author
- Interior designer
-Ballerina
Teaching is great because I still get to sing, take care of boo-boos, read and enjoy tons of children's books, design/decorate my classroom, and dance. I've always loved children and reading. Perfect job for me. I especially am thankful for the schedule. ;o) 




2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time? 
Craft, blog, sit around, watch tv, thrift. Nothing too eventful really... kinda like summer minus professional development days. 


3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Looks like I already covered that in question one - ;o) 

4. What piece career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field? 
Stick it out after that first year. Teaching can be brutal but SO worth it! Make a file of "warm fuzzies" for yourself because there are going to be days you need it. Find positive friends to hang out with because it's easy to become negative. 
Some days - it feels like this


Source: someecards.com via Jana on Pinterest


But then there's the stuff like this and the "Teacher, you're a light in our school" -(Seriously, had a kid say that at the end of the year - brought tears to my eyes) - that make teaching all worth it. The moment when a kid starts to "get it". Keep teaching.
5. Biggest Pet Peeves either in life or in blogging or at work:
Life:
- Leaving the sticker on the side of your flip flops
- no turn signal
-improper grammar/usage
blogging:
-My lack of knowledge when it comes to how to do this stuff!
work:
- parents who don't talk to their children, as in have an actual conversation
-kids forgetting to write their names on their papers


6. Biggest Fears: 
I'm pretty easily frightened/startled. My fears include but are not limited to:
- the dark
- scary movies - I no longer watch them
- my husband getting hurt badly or dying
- my parents dying (I try to pretend it's never going to happen...)

Get your fashion on
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Love your post. I didn't realize so many bloggers are teachers! I love the Joseph Gordon-Levette (don't know if I spelled his name correctly) photo...kinda makes me want to be a teacher!

-Emily- said...

Oh how I would love to be a country music singer!! Totally my dream.....but one problem....I CAN'T SING AT ALL! lol Thanks for visiting me at Dirt and Pearls!!

Unknown said...

I would have loved to be a teacher.. I have some family members that are teachers and they all speak very highly of it :)



followme@ www.studentswife.com

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! I read them. I love them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Designs. Powered by Blogger.