I'm a sucker for all things apple - aka all things teacher. Silly thing is... I'm not a real big fan of eating apples but I sure think they're cute. Super kawaii - means super cute in Japanese!
Recently, I saw another blogger wearing a cute apple pin. I began my search in thrift stores and realized, "Hey, I'm crafty. I'll make one!" And thus, the following tutorial.
- Foam Sheets - purchased at the Dollar Tree
- Craft box - with pin backs - you can get some here
- E 600 Glue - it's amazing - get it here
- Multi colored felt - I got mine in the craft section of Wal-Mart
- Fabric Scissors
First, I googled "cute apple". I already had an idea in my mind - sorta but I needed some inspiration. So - that being said, I cut out the following shape.
- I knew I wanted my apple to have a face. So I cut tiny black circles for eyes and a thin curve of black felt for a smile. I cut tiny pink circles for rosy cheeks, cause fruits have faces, doncha know? Lastly, I cut out a brown stem. That's what our first grade teachers taught us is right. ;o)
- Something about his shape is wonky... he needs a little fixin'.
Add an "apple bottom" divot and a leaf. Glue this little cutie to some white craft foam to stabilize.
Glue your pin back
Isn't he so stinkin' cute?! I pretty much love it... I can wear it on my teachery cardigans. I can attach it to to a headband. I can also wear it as a hair accessory like this cool lady did!
What do you think?
- Get yo' CRAFTY fashion on!
- Linking up at the wonderful Classy Clutter for Spotlight Saturday this week too. If you've never checked them out, you really should. They've got GREAT ideas and they're DIYers.